Hey, friends! If you’re here, it means you’re interested in becoming our new social media manager! I (David) am decent at using Twitter, but I’m very bad at tweeting with any kind of regularity; I’m very astoundingly uncomfortable with self-promotion, even if that self-promotion is in the service of promoting someone else’s audio drama or interview-editing labor. I could use your help!
Right now, everyone pitches in from time to time, but Phryne keeps hogging the computer:
[An image of David’s adorable dog, Phryne. She’s on the edge of David and Jillian’s bed, with her face on top of the trackpad of Jillian’s laptop, which displays an image from Dog YouTube: a squirrel bounds around near the camera as it searches for treats under a bed of leaves. Phryne is transfixed by this image.]
Don’t self-reject: we love weird resumes, eclectic histories, and wonderful human beings like you. If this position interests you, apply.
If you would like to be our social media manager,
Send us an email at [email protected] with:
- your resume
- a link to your favorite social media account that you run
- some of your favorite tweets. These can be tweets that were especially engaging, that were particularly good at driving traffic, that provided useful and important information, or even just that brought you joy.
- and a paragraph or two about why you think you’d be a good fit for the role
The position pays, but not a lot; everyone on RDR gets the same quarterly payment, after we pay for infrastructure upkeep. We want to be a place where you can challenge yourself and grow, to study a new discipline and be supported by colleagues and friends. If that sounds like fun—think of us. We have production meetings on Monday nights, eastern time, and they are always exceptionally silly and good.
Responsibilities of the position:
- Weekly production meeting on Monday nights (1 hr)
- Coming up with #AudioDramaSunday/AudioFictionSunday Twitter posts, or similar threads
- Uplifting underrepresented voices on social media when they post crowdfunds, new projects, casting calls, and other calls to action that would benefit from an RT or a quick QT, as well as important threads handling the problems in fiction podcasting
- Posting consistently for Patreon posts and episodes, public feed episodes, sneak peeks at who we’re interviewing
- Forming a plan to fold in another form of social media (e.g. Instagram)
- Assembling a social media calendar
Time responsibility per week: ~5-6 hours
Radio Drama Revival gives priority to marginalized and underrepresented voices, especially those in radio and podcasting, so if you’re looking for a place to spread your wings, think of us!
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please email us at [email protected]. We’d be happy to help. Additionally, if you would require reasonable accommodation for the performance of these responsibilities, we are prepared to modify them and work with you to find the best solution for you.
This position requires social media experience, but not necessarily in any kind of paid position. We encourage applicants from any kind of work background to apply.
Applications are due by Monday, July 15th, 2019.
I look forward to hearing from you!
All my best,
David Rheinstrom, host of Radio Drama Revival